-Centerstage Dance Academy Code Of Conduct-
Everyone associated with Centerstage Dance Academy is expected to conduct themselves in a responsible, positive, disciplined, and respectful manner at any/all times. Dancers, parents, and teachers are to all treat one another with respect, common courtesy, and a sense of community. Our dancers, as well as those there to support our dancers, MUST maintain a level of respect and discipline at any/all events associated with Centerstage Dance Academy (this includes, but is not limited to, all classes conducted at Centerstage Dance Academy, all Conventions, all Competitions, all Photoshoots, all Master Classes, all Team Events, all Social Media posts, all Fundraising Activities, all Group Texts, etc.). A positive environment is conducive to each and every student's training/progress.
- Centerstage Dance Academy reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose conduct/attitude, or any parents who's conduct/attitude is inappropriate or disrespectful.
- Centerstage Dance Academy reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Students of Centerstage Dance Academy must show up for class promptly(on time or before) and in correct dress code attire. Tardiness or refusal to where appropriate dress code is not tolerated and consequences will be at the discretion of each individual teacher.
- Students must respect their teachers at all times, be focused, and ready to learn. Disruptive behavior, of any kind, will result in the student being asked to remove themselves from the classroom.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted inside the dance studios at any time. Water breaks will be allowed at the discretion of your instructor.
- Cell Phones are NOT permitted inside the studio at any time. Student cell phones are to remain inside their dance bags and used for emergencies only.
- All dancer items (shoes, clothing, tights, etc.) MUST be kept inside their dance bags at any/all times, unless in use.
- All items (shoes, clothing, etc.) left at studio will be placed in a "Lost and Found" box located in the break room. This "Lost and Found" will be thrown out or given to charity on a regular basis. It would be a good idea/beneficial to write names or initials inside all dance shoes/clothing so that items do not get thrown out or misplaced, and we can return them to you in a timely manner.
- Centerstage Dance Academy is NOT responsible for any lost/stolen items, or any items thrown away from lost and found.
- Students/Parents are to report any suspicious behavior (from inside or outside studio) immediately to front desk for your safety.
- Parents/Caregivers of younger children who need help using the restroom must remain at studio during their child's entire class time.
- All students must be picked up by a parent/guardian unless teacher/front desk is notified. Students MUST wait inside studio until their parent/guardians arrive to pick them up. No children, whether a student or not, are to run around outside in the parking lot/surrounding areas. This is a safety hazard/concern. Centerstage Dance Academy is not responsible for children who leave the building.
- Students must call ahead of time to report illness, absence, tardiness, etc.
- Please be respectful of studio faculty and realize a child must be picked up within 15 minutes of their class/rehearsal finishing: all children left at studio, whether students or not, must be accompanied by an adult at all times or a babysitting fee will begin to be enforced. Each faculty member at Centerstage Dance Academy has a job they must attend to/are responsible for, and babysitting your child will take away from these responsibilities.
- All children, whether students or not, must be responsible, respectful, and courteous to Centerstage property/clients. No siblings of dancers are to roam freely or disrespect/bother other cliental/students.
- No weapons, or anything that may be used as a weapon, are permitted inside Centerstage Dance Academy.
- Street clothes are recommended any time a dancer goes outside, when first arriving, or when leaving at the end of their dance day. Please keep in mind that dance clothes are more revealing than your regular every day wear and this is for safety issues.
- No dance shoes are to be worn outside (this includes tap shoes and sneakers worn for hiphop). Please BRING your hip hop shoes with you to change into, do NOT wear them into the building from outside and then expect to walk directly into our dance studios. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the parents of the individual being charged for new marley dance flooring. Wearing tap, ballet, and jazz shoes outside also ruins them and provides for quicker wear-and-tear, meaning you must spend more money to get new ones sooner.
- If a student arrives late to class, it is up to the discretion of the individual teacher whether or not they may participate or just be allowed to watch.
- When injuries occur, please be advised that your child SHOULD still attend class to watch, depending on how severe the injury is. We learn just as much by watching as we can by doing, please do not miss your opportunity to increase your knowledge.
- When injuries occur, a doctors note MUST be shown to all teachers providing details of injury/how long your are to remain off of injury. Parents, please remember that unless you have a medical background/degree, your opinions on how long your child should/should not be out for an injury may be overlooked until we receive an actual note from the child's doctor.
- Food is permitted in the kitchen area: ALL garbage is to be thrown away promptly. Please be respectful and clean up after yourselves/your child. If individuals continuously refuse to clean up after themselves, leave garbage behind, get food all over the floor, leave food on tables, etc, when leaving for the day, a cleaning fee will be attached to the families monthly account.
- No food is allowed in bathrooms. Please be respectful and clean up after yourselves in bathrooms
- ONE person in bathroom at a time - cell phones, group convos, "hanging out", etc, is not permitted inside the bathrooms.
- If using UberEats or a food delivery service of any kind, please make sure you tip your delivery person prior to them arriving at studio.
- NO smoking is permitted on or around building at any time. No exceptions.
- NO alcoholic beverages are permitted inside studio.
- Parents are welcome to view their students classes through the viewing windows. Parents/siblings/friends becoming a distraction to the dancers inside the dance room, will be asked to step back/leave so that students may be respected/focus.
- Parents are NOT to take pictures/video anything inside the class room unless given permission by the teacher. Please do not place photos/videos of your child's class on social media without asking permission first. This is for safety concerns, copyright infringement, and some families to not have social media/want their children up on social media.
- Parents/Students are not to contact (through email, social media, text, etc) any teachers/owners/directors/faculty of competitive/convention events we attend. If contacted BY these people, please inform Centerstage staff immediately.
- Parents are not to sign up their students under Centerstage name for any events, competitions, conventions, intensives, etc, without Centerstage being aware/in charge of the registration process. All registering for events will/must go through the Centerstage Dance Academy office. (This includes optional solo competitions/conventions)
- Parents/Students are not to set up solo choreography from outside choreographers without discussing first with Centerstage faculty. If a choreographer contacts you with interest, please notify the faculty immediately for discussion/approval.
THE FOLLOWING MAY RESULT IN WARNING/SUSPENSION FROM CLASS:
THE FOLLOWING MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM CLASS/CENTERSTAGE DANCE ACADEMY: